The Marion City Council has adopted Ordinances designed to address blight and nuisances, and to maintain a clean and safe environment for the citizens of Marion. The Marion Code Enforcement Department exists to provide proper enforcement of the Ordinances to promote and maintain a healthy, safe and desirable quality of life for the citizens of Marion.
What is Code Enforcement's Role in Improving Your Community?
- Enforce state statutes and local ordinances
- Improve the life of our citizens
- Improve overall image of the community infrastructure
- Answer/Generate complaints - Reactive and Proactive
- Work closely with Neighborhood Associations
- Provide educational material
- Encourage citizens to appear in court as an ally
- Effective code enforcement helps maintain and increase property values