Engineering & Traffic
Our mission is to provide efficient, centralized, and cost-effective municipal engineering services to the citizens, as well as other divisions and departments of the city. Furthermore, we intend to be good stewards of public resources in order to enhance the quality of life in the City of Marion.
Common Responsibilities of Engineering & Traffic:
Major patching repairs
Tree removal and planting
Curb and sidewalk repairs and replacement
Permitting and inspection for street cuts, driveway entrances, and other activities on the Right-of-Way.
Maintains maps of city streets and borders
Answers questions about roadway specifications
Keeps up-to-date records of:
- Pavement markings
- Traffic signals
- Traffic counts (vehicles per day)
- Assist Planning Dept.
MS4 Operator as designated by IDEM
- Review submitted drawings for Erosion Control oversight
- Provide inspections for sites permitting use by MS4
- Submit quarterly and annual reports to IDEM on best maintenance practices and erosion control
Other Government Agencies
- Works with the Indiana Department of Transportation on local issues such as State roads through the city.
- Cooperates with the Grant County Highway Department on bridge work and where city streets and county roads intersect.