City Planning & Zoning
The City Planning Department is responsible for serving the Board of Zoning Appeals and Plan Commission, and reporting to the Mayor, City Council and other City organizations. All Improvement Location Permits (ILPs), Sign Permits, Changes of Use, Planned Unit Developments, Subdivision, Variances and Rezones originate in this office.
Here are our Most Requested Planning Links
The City Planning Department also maintains all maps of the City
- Zoning Maps
- Maps for Police and Fire
- Maps of Wireless Internet coverage
- Parks and Trails
- Neighborhood Associations
- Development Maps: CReED, TIF, etc.
- Aerials of Marion
We also Review Development Plans for all New or Existing Construction:
- Improve Location Permits (ILPs)
- Check compliance with all District Requirements
- Setback and Building Height
- Stormwater & Erosion Control
- Cell Towers
ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR ...
- Sign Permits
- Planned Unit Developments (PUDs)
- Assign Addresses and Street Names
- Provides support to City Council, Department of Development, and the Mayor when necessary
- Provides Staff report and support to Plan Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals